The Fraudacity of Cybercriminals
How 15.5B Recaptured Data Assets Shine a Light on the Criminal Underground
With the continued increase of individuals working, shopping, and socializing from home, we relied on digital identities more than ever in 2021. And more of that data became available to fraudsters as a result of increased breaches and malware campaigns last year.
Each year, SpyCloud summarizes the trends our team observes while recapturing data at scale from the criminal underground. In 2021, we recovered more than 15 billion assets including credentials and PII from data breaches, malware-infected device logs, and other covert sources.
The bad news: password reuse has only increased, and inexpensive malware tools have facilitated mass device infections – putting a ton of sensitive data in the hands of criminals. The good news: companies can use this recaptured data to proactively fight back and protect both their employees and consumers.
In this on-demand webinar, SpyCloud’s Vice President of Product Management, Chip Witt, breaks down our observations, including:
- The scale of data that was stolen & circulated in 2021
- What recaptured data reveals about online behavior and its impact on your employees and consumers
- Why the password reuse rate is on the rise – but how it’s just one factor in elevated identity exposure
- How data breaches and malware fuel account takeover, ransomware, and online fraud
- Best practices to reduce fraud and improve cyber hygiene for individuals and companies
View the Webinar
The Fraudacity of Cybercriminals: How 15.5B Recaptured Data Assets Shine a Light on the Criminal Underground
Trusted by market leaders
With 500+ customers around the world, including half of the Fortune 10, SpyCloud is the leader in operationalizing Cybercrime Analytics to protect businesses.
We’re on a mission to make the internet a safer place by disrupting the criminal underground. Together with our customers, we aim to stop criminals from profiting off stolen data.
#1 Global Software
#1 US Crypto Exchange
Check Your Exposure
See your real-time breach exposure details powered by SpyCloud data.