2023 Annual Identity Exposure Report
Last year, more than half the credentials we recaptured from the darknet came from botnets, indicating a significant shift in the exposed credentials trend: threat actors continue to evolve beyond traditional account takeover tactics and are aggressively gaining entry with other forms of authentication data stolen straight from malware-infected devices.
Our annual report analyzes this recaptured data and provides insights on the trends we observed throughout the year, and outlines actionable ways enterprises can take back the power from cybercriminals looking to harm businesses and individuals.
Download the report to see:
- The trends our researchers observed within cybercriminal communities over the last year, including the most notable breaches
- The proliferation of infostealers to siphon fresh, accurate authentication information
- How the abundance of PII on the criminal underground enables fraudsters to perpetrate fraud in novel ways
- How session cookies give cybercriminals unfettered access to your network – enabling MFA bypass
- Popular passwords influenced by the year’s most talked about people and events
- What security leaders can do to disrupt cybercrime by leveraging insights from recaptured darknet data
Product: SpyCloud Compass
Close the gaps in your ransomware prevention strategy with alerts on malware-infected devices and remediation of compromised credentials for critical workforce applications
Trusted by market leaders
With 500+ customers around the world, including half of the Fortune 10, SpyCloud is the leader in operationalizing Cybercrime Analytics to protect businesses.
We’re on a mission to make the internet a safer place by disrupting the criminal underground. Together with our customers, we aim to stop criminals from profiting off stolen data.
#1 Global Software
#1 US Crypto Exchange
Check Your Exposure
See your real-time darknet exposure details powered by SpyCloud data.