2022 Annual Identity Exposure Report
Last year, SpyCloud recaptured more than 15 billion credentials and PII assets from the criminal underground. That’s a 200% increase in assets recaptured compared to the prior year – ample data that fraudsters are exploiting for identity fraud, which impacts businesses and consumers alike.
Our annual report analyzes this data and sheds light on the trends we observed throughout the year, explaining how enterprises can use this information to protect themselves from account takeover, malware, and ransomware, and protect their consumers from online fraud.
Download the report to see:
- The trends our researchers observed within cybercriminal communities over the last year
- Why the rate of password reuse continues to rise
- Popular passwords influenced by entertainment, politics, and sports (Marvel characters make frequent appearances!)
- How this stolen data is used to perpetrate ransomware and other targeted attacks
- The urgency of the malware problem, including a spotlight on RedLine Stealer, and why we’ve put even more focus on collecting bot logs from malware-infected devices
- The top 12 notable breaches of 2021
Protect your business from malware risks by acting on compromised assets most likely to lead to future ransomware attacks
Trusted by market leaders
With 500+ customers around the world, including half of the Fortune 10, SpyCloud is the leader in operationalizing Cybercrime Analytics to protect businesses.
We’re on a mission to make the internet a safer place by disrupting the criminal underground. Together with our customers, we aim to stop criminals from profiting off stolen data.
#1 Global Software
#1 US Crypto Exchange
Check Your Exposure
See your real-time account takeover exposure details powered by SpyCloud data.