2022 Annual Identity Exposure Report
Last year, SpyCloud recaptured more than 15 billion credentials and PII assets from the criminal underground. That’s a 200% increase in assets recaptured compared to the prior year – ample data that fraudsters are exploiting for identity fraud, which impacts businesses and consumers alike.
Our annual report analyzes this data and sheds light on the trends we observed throughout the year, explaining how enterprises can use this information to protect themselves from account takeover, malware, and ransomware, and protect their consumers from online fraud.
Download the report to see:
- The trends our researchers observed within cybercriminal communities over the last year
- Why the rate of password reuse continues to rise
- Popular passwords influenced by entertainment, politics, and sports (Marvel characters make frequent appearances!)
- How this stolen data is used to perpetrate ransomware and other targeted attacks
- The urgency of the malware problem, including a spotlight on RedLine Stealer, and why we’ve put even more focus on collecting bot logs from malware-infected devices
- The top 12 notable breaches of 2021
Download the Report
I Put a Keylogger On You, and Now You’re Mine: What Cybercriminals See When They Infect a Host with Malware
See malware from the criminal perspective, including how the data collected from infected machines gets monetized. Learn how to shield your organization from the damage caused by credential-stealing malware.
On-Demand Webinar: A detailed look at how anti-detect browsers + malware-stolen data put consumers at risk of fraud, and how Session Identity Protection helps protect your bottom line by offering early warning of malware-infected consumers with compromised web session cookies.
The SpyCloud Difference
Truly Actionable Recaptured Data
SpyCloud solutions are backed by the world’s most current and comprehensive repository of recaptured data from breaches, malware infections, and other underground sources – with billions of exposed credentials and PII. It’s the same data that fraudsters use, but we make it actionable to prevent account takeover, ransomware attacks, and online fraud.
Check Your Exposure
See your real-time account takeover exposure details powered by SpyCloud data.